Home » Blogging, Economics, family, Music, Nostalgia

Askcherlock Wishes You Happy Holidays!

21 December 2011 11 Comments

This time of year is filled with so many emotions. The happiness of being with friends and family makes all the necessary work a labor of love. We at Askcherlock have much for which we are grateful. After some serious health scares that turned out to be all right, we are thankful for good health, and send prayers and good wishes to those whose health may not be good. Please know you are in our thoughts.

We have met new people through this blog and other blogging venues. I hold each one of you close to my heart and thank you for blessing us with your presence in our lives. You have made us laugh. You have made  us think. You have given us courage, and you are each delightful in your own charismatic ways.

As we finish our holiday shopping, we do so with great joy in anticipation of children, grandchildren and friends with whom we celebrate. It is not about the gifts, nor about the money, though there was a Christmas many years ago that makes me cringe. I was a single mom, working and doing the best I could to support my children. As too many of you know, when finances are limited, your heart aches for your kids. I had brought home a much anticipated Christmas tree. The kids were anxiously awaiting so they could decorate. When I brought it into our humble (as in poor) home, their faces crumbled into frowns. “It looks like Charlie Brown’s Christmas tree!” Tears began to flow. Gifts were not plentiful, and ornaments for the tree were homemade by me, mostly cross-stitched little things with their names, and Christmas scenes. They cried a lot that year.

As time passed and circumstances changed it got better, much better. Now the house is replete with a gorgeous tree, dazzling ornaments, and presents for all. The difficult times make us better people when we keep in mind that brighter days will arrive. We must cling to that hope and I bear witness to the fact that it can happen.

So to all of you, we wish you the best this holiday season! Thank you for all you are, and for the friendships so graciously extended. In honor of singer Etta James this year, I share this this song for all of you.

Enhanced by Zemanta

• TJ Lubrano said:

This year has been a crazy ride huh?! Goodness. I am grateful for 1) that I’ve met you this year ^_^. Definitely a HUGE happy thing that happened in 2011 2)soooo happy things turned out well for both of you, health-wise!

Difficult times can only prepare for you the good times and when the good times come, you only appreciate it that much more as you know how it feels to have less.

Here is to an awesome 2012!!

Ciao Ciao Xoxoxo <3

• jayme said:

One thing we can always count on, circumstances are ever changing. Enjoy times when they’re good, look ahead when bad.
    Happy holidays & Best wishes to you and yours, Cher!

• bluzdude said:

Have a great family Christmas, Cher!

My folks are coming out to Baltimore so we’ll be nestled in the bosom of family as well. Party on!

• cher (author) said:

Sweet TJ-
    You are the angel on the Christmas tree this year! What a ride it has been indeed, but meeting you has been an absolute joy. Grace, laughter, creativity, and love from you are sprinkled upon each person fortunate enough to have you in their life.

A gazillion hugs to you across the ocean and Cheers to a fabulous 2012! xoxoxoxoxoxox

• cher (author) said:

jayme-
    You are the ornament that sparkles and bedazzles all! I wish you the merriest Christmas and a fantastic New Year. :)

• cher (author) said:

Hey bluzdude!
    This was the second year of your bluzfest for Pittsburgh bloggers, and every time we are all together there is merriment! Have a wonderful holiday; please don’t root for Baltimore (as though you would!), and give our love to your folks. See you soon. :)

• Jen said:

Cher, this has been one of the wildest years of my life! So many things have happened, and I can honestly say most of the good stuff happened because of you. Thank you for bringing me back to the site which shall not be named. Sure, it didn’t work out for us there, but you helped me make the greatest group of friends. Aside from that, I got to know you– this is something I’ll always treasure.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season.

Love,
    Jen

• cher (author) said:

Jen,
    You are the most unique and beautiful gift under the tree this year! We have walked through fire together, held the hands of our friends, and formed the strongest of bonds. Lovely, effervescent, and unique, you, along with the friendship we have formed, are a gift I will always treasure. You simply rock!

Happy Holidays, my dear Jen.

Love,
    Cher

• Carpetbagger said:

Merry Christmas, Cher and Rich!

Hunkering down in the Burgh with Mrs. Bagger. I’m thankful for that as I pretty much hate holiday travel.

Here’s to all things getting better in 2012.

• cher (author) said:

Happy Holidays, Bagger! :)

• Judie said:

Well, I thought about you on Christmas, even though my house looked like it had been bombed, with children screaming and dogs barking, and dirty dishes appearing as quickly as I washed them up. I hope you had a glorious day. Belated Merry Christmas, my cosmic twin!!

xoxo,