Home » Politics

West Wing Story: Rumble of Dems and GOP!

12 September 2011 20 Comments

Republicans: The Dems won’t have their day Tonight

Democrats:The GOP won’t have their way Tonight

Republicans: The Democrats they grumble, “Fair fight”

But if they start a rumble, We’ll rumble ‘em Right

Democrats: We’re gonna hand ‘em a surprise Tonight

Republicans: We’re gonna cut ‘em down to size Tonight

Democrats: We said “Okay no rumpus, No tricks.” But just in case they jump us, We’re ready to mix Tonight!

Republicans: Well, they began it! Democrats: Well, they began it- Both: And we’re the ones to stop ‘em once and for all, Tonight!

Honestly children, you need to stop this bickering, get down to business and work this out! This country needs solutions, not school yard bullying in government. Job loss! High unemployment! Poor Health Care! Global economics and global warming! Afghanistan! Military budget! Deficits! Social Security? Hah! Stop politicking and do the job you were elected to do and that would be: Represent your constituents, not your foolish selves. I’m frankly sick of it!

Enhanced by Zemanta

• David K. Sutton said:

I’m feeling a rhythm and sensing a melody as I read this. :) Oh, and totally agree with the sentiment.

• cher (author) said:

David,
    Sometimes all these politicians remind me of my children arguing. “She started it!” “No, he did, Mom!” They both got time-outs. The only way we can do that with government officials is to vote the bad ones out when given a chance. “Today, all day I had a feeling a miracle would happen…” Oh, somebody stop me! ;)

• Daril Simões said:

This is like the PT government and opposition in Brazil!

• Dan LaFollette said:

Cher, I’m giving you a standing ovation!
    I can’t even put into words how much I detest the vast majority of those self serving worthless scum bags, and how they put their own interests over everyone else in the country.
    grrr.

• Melody J Haislip said:

Cher, I’m with you every step of the way. I’d like to wade into the middle of it and box their collective ears. Half the time they seem incapable of rational thought. Maybe we should start our own party, call ourselves the Sense and Sensibility Party.

We could have a rule that any proposed law would have to benefit at least 51% of the population where it is being passed. Once it has passed that test it should go to a straight up or down vote, in full view of the world. And you’d better be able to defend your position, either way.

I would love to go for a Congress-and-Supreme-Court-wide DNA test so we could make sure all of them were human, but I can’t see that one flying. :P

• cher (author) said:

Daril,
    If this is how it is in Brazil, my friend, my heart is with you. Peace be with you because these governments certainly don’t give us any! Constant bickering. It’s absurd.

• cher (author) said:

Dan!
    I am growling right with you. The very lives of so many people are in the balance here, yet it seems we are the forgotten masses. Do they not realize how many are actually, truly, suffering while they do this dance of politics?

• Judie said:

I am totally and completely frustrated with BOTH sides! Come on, people! Start acting like responsible grown-ups! Our future depends on it!!!!

• cher (author) said:

Oh Melody,
    I love your “Sense and Sensibility” proposal, and I love the pure genius of your DNA tests! Rich and I are going to watch the GOP aka-mostly-Tea Party-debate tonight for comic relief! Just appease 51% of the people, is right. Cripe, they can’t settle differences within their own parties let alone make crucial decisions on what is best for the country. I may need a vomitorium. :)

• cher (author) said:

Judie,
    Say, my sister. Say it loud and say it proud!

• Judie said:

Sorry, but I watched it for as long as I could!! Why can’t these people say what they mean, and mean what they say? Oh, never mind! I know it is just more political doublespeak. Do the Republican voters understand it?? I think NOT!!

• cher (author) said:

Judie,
    I think some of the GOP is clutching for digitalis as they see the possibility of their base devolving into Tea Party transit with Rick Perry. This man told outright lies and attempted to back off his Social Security Ponzi-scheme premise, but didn’t quite make it. I think he is a dangerous man. I mean, can you visualize him as a statesman? He wears a gun like others wear shoes. And…he looks seedy.

• Carpetbagger said:

Personally, I feel pretty.

• cher (author) said:

Sing it, Bagger! I have not been able to get these songs out of my own head since I did this post. ^__^

• Neil Killion said:

Hi, we have pollies like that in Australia too. The govt. wants a carbon tax even though the PM is on record saying:- “there will be no carbon tax under the govt I lead”……..they’re good aren’t they. And to think the world’s financial health seems to depend on whether Greece defaults……Best not to watch the news.

• Theresa H Hall said:

I think every time they F**k up, We should not allow them to collect their paychecks.

• cher (author) said:

Neil,
    I did not know that Australia was going through similar problems. Such a shame. This global economy is rocking the world, isn’t it? I am so grateful that you shared your input.

• cher (author) said:

Theresa,
    I completely agree with you. Why should they collect paychecks when they are crippling our country?

• Jen said:

“Honestly children, you need to stop this bickering, get down to business and work this out! This country needs solutions, not school yard bullying in government.”

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

• cher (author) said:

Jen,
    Thanks so much for stopping by! You could have said it better, I know. :)